Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot get magic mouse and trackpad to work together

Hi, I recently bought a Magic trackpad to use with my magic mouse on the 27" Retina Mac. If I have both devices switched on and connected via bluetooth, the mouse will either not work or will only try to highlight areas of the screen. Also, I cannot get any response from the trackpad. IfI switch the mouse off, the trackpad will move the mouse around the screen but will not do anything else. The mouse works fine on its own, but I am unable to get the two to work together. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but please be kind, I'm new to all things Mac. Many thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 4:45 AM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2015 6:06 AM in response to ICrashIn2000

Just found out the reason I couldn't get the two to play nicely. I had connected my keyboard and trackpad using a "Magic Wand" which looked great. Unfortunately the magic wand had a connecting piece to fill in the gap between the two pieces and this was preventing the little pads underneath the trackpad clicking. So I can only guess that because the trackpad couldn't click it thought it was stuck and therefore also locked up the mouse. I've remove the connector and both pieces work perfectly together!

cannot get magic mouse and trackpad to work together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.