Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rcvd an AppleService emaiDue to recent updates we are asking many of our customers to confirm their information this is nothing to worry about. We are making sure we have the correct information on file..." Is this real or a scam?

I rcvd an AppleService email

Due to recent updates we are asking many of our customers to confirm their information this is nothing to worry about. We are making sure we have the correct information on file and that you are the rightful account holder. Failure to comply with this may result in your account being suspended.

Is this real or a scam?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 8:00 AM

Sounds like a scam. Apple doesn't send emails that threaten account suspension. They would just suspend the account and make you fix it the next time you log in.

5 replies

Feb 23, 2015 8:07 AM in response to ElliotLW

If you changed your Apple ID, you will not be able to update any of the content that you used in the past. The worse case scenario here would have been to change the password. Really all you needed to do was go on the Apple site and change the password, unless you provided them with information. This will make it difficult for you to deal with turning off Find My iPhone and other Apple ID related steps. All you really needed to do was delete the email.

I rcvd an AppleService emaiDue to recent updates we are asking many of our customers to confirm their information this is nothing to worry about. We are making sure we have the correct information on file..." Is this real or a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.