Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad Air, how can I export song from email to GarageBand? I can export song to Movie and email but ther is no icon GarageBand.

Using iPad Air, how can I export song from email to GarageBand? I can export song to Movie and email but ther is no icon GarageBand.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 6:40 AM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Dawid.D

To import directly from Mail is not possible.

Do you want to import a GarageBand song (as a project) or an audio file? You can only import songs/audio files from the Music.app or record songs that you are playing in other apps.

You can import GarageBand projects that you saved to iCloud that you saved to iTunes on a Mac.

Feb 24, 2015 6:07 AM in response to léonie

I record song with my band two weeks ago on the another iPad, all sesion was saved as "m4s". Now I have to record one more guitar truck to this song no my iPad Air. My friend send m this song by mail. I understand I have to import record from mail to iTunes or iClaud and from iTunes or iClaud import to GarageBand. If yes pleas tell me how I can do that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.