Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse stopped working with Yosemite 10.10.2 why?

Why, since downloading Yosemite 10.10.2 (this week) can I no longer double click to open email downloads or open files from my documents / desktop?

I've been really struggling with this deeply frustrating issue.

Please can anyone help?

My iMac is 21.5 inch mid-2010... Have checked & mouse is still present and connected wirelesly according to System Preferences...

Everything else works perfectly, except the wireless Apple Mouse double click...

Please help.....

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Samsung External Hard Drive 10E/A62

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:15 AM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2015 8:57 AM in response to markanthonyhowell

Hey markanthonyhowell,

From the sound of your post, it seems like you cannot double-click your mouse to activate anything in OS X. Try using the information in the following article to help you adjust your double-click settings:

Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse: How to adjust double-click and scrolling speed in Lion - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202319

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Feb 24, 2015 11:46 AM in response to braden85

Thanks for this response... This article applies only to Mountain Lion, not Yosmite 10.10.2.... The directions for adjusting Magic Mouse in Mountain Lion are completely different from the menu for adjusting magic mouse in Yosemite.... This problem didn't exist before I downloaded Yosemite... Only then did the double-click on the Magic Mouse stop working... ... help.... kindly, Mark

Feb 25, 2015 6:00 AM in response to braden85

Dear Braden, your current response was equally unhelpful....

I did manage to access the mouse controls this time (through preferences>accessibility>mouse & trackpad) but once there I don't see any switch or any button that will turn my double-click mouse button back on....

I still cannot open any file or any icon on my desktop or anywhere by double-clicking my magic mouse, as I ALWAYS did before I downloaded Yosemite 10.10.2 for my Mid-2010 21inch screen iMac with 4GB memory.

I just need a solution - an easy straight way of turning on (again) the double-click button so I can open icons, files, and everything else as usual with my magic mouse...

Thanks, and hope I'm not annoying you by this... kindly, Mark

Feb 25, 2015 8:11 AM in response to markanthonyhowell

Please. You aren't at all stupid, indeed you are progressing the matter very well. Softly softly, catchee monkey, they say 😀 It looks like Braden took my comments to heart (these people do try but with the number of participants nowadays, they must get chased about). Anyway, first follow his suggested link and if that does not resolve the matter, write to feedback. Be aware, they rarely if ever respond but they assure us they read everything.

At the bottom of this page you will see 'Contact us'. Click that and on the right hand side, towards the bottom of the page you come to, you will see a selection of feedback options. I would suggest Product Feedback.

Good luck.

Magic mouse stopped working with Yosemite 10.10.2 why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.