Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 5c that my son uses as an Ipod, I would like to transfer from the 5c to a 4 that has been updated to IOS 7. Can this be done? Its a reverse update.

I have a 5c that my son uses as an Ipod, I would like to transfer from the 5c to a 4 that has been updated to IOS 7. Can this be done? Its a reverse update.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:05 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2015 8:47 AM in response to 4frogs

Hi 4frogs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have an iPhone 5c that no longer has cellular service; it is just being used as an iPod touch. You also have an iPhone 4 that you would like to use as the iPod touch instead of the iPhone 5c. If this is correct and you would like to use the iPhone 4 as an iPod touch without a cellular contract, please use the following article for information on how to complete this process.

Using an iPhone without a wireless service plan - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.