Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parts of my video looks like some of the objects have movement where there shouldn't be any. Any clue what's going on?

I am using Final Cut Pro X. I shot a video recently and in many of the scenes, it looked like there was "movement" on the screen but nothing in the shot was moving. It made it look a bit blurry in areas and a little strange. Any idea if I'm messing up in my shooting settings or in exporting to Vimeo? I exported the master file to my desktop then uploaded it to Vimeo. Thanks for any help! I'd like to avoid this in the future.

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 8:10 AM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:53 AM in response to segrist

Are you talking about the the moiré patterning on the guy's jacket? These guys seriously need to learn how to get ready for the camera. Nothing you can do that's any good to mitigate it, short of blurring it with a tracking mask, but then it's going to just look ugly. There's also horrible interlacing artifacts that haven't been scaled properly. What are your exact shooting specs and project properties?

Parts of my video looks like some of the objects have movement where there shouldn't be any. Any clue what's going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.