Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information.

"See iTunes...." .... WHERE? I have looked all over the mess-interface that is iTunes 12.1 now.

HELP!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2012,27in,16GB,1T Fusion,iPhone 5S

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:34 AM

16 replies

Feb 23, 2015 7:49 AM in response to William Donelson

This message appears on my iPhone but NOT in iTunes. So where in iTunes do I look?

Crazy.

When I click SYNC in iTunes, I also get it hanging forever on step 6: Waiting for items to copy.

I just completely reset my iPhone yesterday from scratch. Reloaded it all from "Restore iPhone"

and now I get these problems. iTunes is a mess.

Mar 5, 2015 3:41 AM in response to William Donelson

This issue has been going on since at least 2011 1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information

Apple does not check or review this site on less a thread is mentioned in a support request or in a bug report.

Use bug reporting in Itunes (I think it has one) or

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Also, did you check ITUNES help when online with apple to see if it has an article on same.

Jan 15, 2016 8:31 PM in response to Chris CA

I select the iPhone icon in the toolbar (just to the right of the ellipse). Below that an iPhone icon appears above the Settings list starting with "Summary". To the right of the iPhone icon is my name - which, I believe is also the name of my iPhone (or at least it appears to be). To the right of that is the eject icon. There is no exclamation mark anywhere in there.

Jan 16, 2016 12:27 AM in response to SIBoyd

I am no longer getting the "could not sync" message, so I cannot tell what's going on right now. Sorry.

iTunes is a mess. Each time I do sync my iPhone 6, it first deletes many videos and over 1,000 songs, does the backup and such, then reloads the videos and songs. Takes forever.

And I have over 8GB free on the iPhone to start with. 😟

Jan 16, 2016 4:59 PM in response to William Donelson

I decided to "hard reset" my iPhone by holding the Home Button and Power Button down at the same time until it powered off and then started the "White Apple" boot process. Once the phone was back up and I had entered my Passcode to access it I Synced it with iTunes after which I no longer saw the error message indicating 1 item did not sync.

1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.