Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice to text without wifi

I am smitten with the new voice to text feature in ios8. I work as a guide and teacher in wilderness settings. As part of my job I need to keep detailed journals and notes on students in the field- well beyond the reach of any wifi connection. Is there a way to download the entire English language and use this incredible feature while working in remote, non wifi contexts? Thanks in advance.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:34 AM

I could not find any. The iPod is just not powerful enough to do the conversion itself. It needs the power of remote computers

9 replies

Feb 25, 2015 2:47 PM in response to lllaass

Hi Illaas:

Re: underpowered iPod. This would be true of the iPod only (A7 chip, I think) 0& not other iOS devices (newer iPads)? I remember reading [somewhere] that the requirement changed on voice-to-text, allowing it to be used offline in more recent versions of iOS.

& to whispering stream:
I can appreciate pristine silence off in the wilderness, but we don’t get that too often anyway.

People yap to each other incessantly. If that’s where you need to make the assessments, I guess its not as big an intrusion as some behaviors in the wild!

Voice to text without wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.