Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Version 12.1.1

Since installing this update yesterday, iTunes no longer shows my appletvs, airport express, or Dennon AVR as speaker choices. I thought this update would stop the frequent stuttering of Air Play playback. This is on a PC with Windows 8.1. Anyone else have similar issues?

iPad, iOS 6, Re-pairing a device to Blue Tooth

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:06 AM

Hi, Tad Akin.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to AirPlay after updating iTunes. Here are some troubleshooting steps that I would go through.

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

-Jason H.

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 9:47 AM in response to jason269

Amazingly, Jason, what was causing the issue was IPv6. Once that was disabled using the Microsoft removal tool, all worked as before. However, that being said, Airplay still had the same stuttering issue which 12.1.1 was supposed to fix. My info has been booted up to Engineering for a more thorough evaluation. All prior versions of iTunes worked just fine with IPv6 and prior to 12.1, there was no stuttering. So I cannot believe I will be the only Windows 8 user who has this issue, and I believe we will quickly see iTunes v 12.1.2 shortly.

Version 12.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.