Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off my bluetooth audio on my iPhone 5

How do I turn off my bluetooth audio on my iPhone 5?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:45 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2015 11:17 AM in response to dpg1960

Hello, dpg1960.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I would need clarification on what you mean by disable Bluetooth audio to provide a better answer. However, if you wish to disable Bluetooth you can go to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn Off.

iOS: Third-party Bluetooth accessories

I have also included some additional information regarding Bluetooth and the supported profiles.

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

Cheers,

Jason H.

Feb 25, 2015 3:52 AM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I use my phone in the car via a USB socket to listen to my music and also making calls etc. Recently the car system has been telling me to turn off my bluetooth audio so that the USB connection can work. Does that make any sense? Strangely the music works and also if I make a call on my actual phone, it comes on the screen and I can talk via the speakers in the car. But for some reason I am unable to access my contact list; as I had done previously. Very strange. Maybe its a BMW issue????

Thanks,

David.

Feb 26, 2015 2:03 PM in response to dpg1960

Hey David,

Thanks for the follow up information and this is definitely a unique issue. Since this is related to USB, try different cables and restarting all devices. I would also suggest reaching out to BMW and see if there are any upgrades to the firmware.

Let me know if this issue persists after going through these steps.

-Jason H.

Sep 4, 2015 4:02 AM in response to jason269

I have the same issue as have lots of other people and Apple need to allow for audio streaming via Bluetooth (A2DP) to be disabled independent of Bluetooth cellular connection. I have a Citroen with built in Bluetooth audio and when I connect my iPhone to it the phones audio also streams over Bluetooth (incl. TomTom sat-nav). I can disable this audio streaming in the car Bluetooth profile configuration, but its a 5 step process and it doesn't save, so every time I start the car the configuration is lost :-(

I want to listen to my car audio, have calls on its Bluetooth connection, but have my TomTom sat-nav audio come out the iPhone at the same time. Being able to disable A2DP audio streaming via Bluetooth on the iPhone would make this easy and permanent.

How do I turn off my bluetooth audio on my iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.