Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug with control centre? - only accessible from lock screen

I cannot access Control Center from my home screens or within apps, only from the Lock Screen - very annoying if I want to switch my music output for example or use the torch.

My settings are on for both access from Lock Screen and Access from within Apps.

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3, 64 GB

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 9:59 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Adrian Biffen

Hello Adrian Biffen,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you can't access Control Center from inside apps. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Use Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're using an app that uses similar swipe gestures, like Maps or games, you might have to swipe up twice: once to reveal the handle for Control Center, and a second time to reveal Control Center.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Feb 24, 2015 4:29 PM in response to mario49

Hi Mario

Thanks for responding but unfortunately your suggestion does not solve my issue. I cannot access the Control Centre from the Home screen either, only from the Lock Screen. Not sure if it is relevant but I can also only access the pull-down Notifications screen from the Lock Screen.

I have the same setting on my iPad Air and it functions as I would expect with both Control Centre and Notifications available from Lock, Home and within Apps .

Bug with control centre? - only accessible from lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.