Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message forwarding issue

Yesterday I realized that the messages that I was sending through my iPhone 6 were not syncing with my iPad Mini anymore. I pinpointed the day my messages and texts stopped syncing, February 12, 2015. Frankly I don't know what I did that day.

When people message me iMessages, I get them on my iPad and iPhone, but if I reply with my iPhone, those replies do not show on the iPad. Also regular text messages stop showing up on my iPad as well.

I've tried signing on and off from iCloud, and iMessage on both devices. I am using the same exact account I've been using for years. I also tried turning on and off the allowing text forwarding again for the iPad, but when the screen to type the code appears on the iPhone, no code appears on the iPad.

Like I said, it was working till a few days ago. Could it have been an update that messed things up? I am running on 8.1.3 on both devices.

I've tried just about everything now: singing on and off iCloud, signing on and off from iMessages, restarting, connecting them to iTunes, for both devices and nothing.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:41 AM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2015 1:45 PM in response to Gaber85

I had the same issue and was able to fix by going to Settings > Messages> Text Message Forwarding > Ipad (Selecting my Ipad)

It then asked me to enter the code my Ipad gave and once I entered the code it was working again!

FYI: I logged out of my IMessages on both my Ipad and Iphone, but I'm not sure that I needed too.

Hope this helps!

Text message forwarding issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.