Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1 killed my apple tv

Nothing but problems with home sharing and apple tv (3rd gen) since iTunes 12.1 update

2011 iMac OSX Yosemite

Tried all usual things - same network. Reset all devices including wireless router. All software versions up to date etc etc

This happened to me before with a previous iTunes update. Tried everything for weeks until it mysteriously started working perfectly with a new iTunes version.

Whatever happened to "it just works"???

AppleTV 2, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 9:02 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 10:04 AM in response to podkraft

Same thing here. I thought the latest update to 12.1.1 would have addressed this, but they seem to have ignored it. I found and held onto a reliable 12.0 install file (for windows). I'd suggest trying to track it down and reinstall that. Homesharing worked just fine prior to 12.1, and my devices have no issue communicating with my ATV through AirPlay. I have all the required ports open on my router prior to 12.1, so it definitely is software related, and not hardware.

itunes 12.1 killed my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.