Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The maximum number of menus in an iDVD project is 99. No more menus can be created.

"The maximum number of menus in an iDVD project is 99. No more menus can be created."

I cannot believe their is a limit for a project.

I need to add a lot more. How can I do this and change these ridiculous default settings?

iDVD version 7.1.2

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:14 AM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2015 4:49 PM in response to Amter

That's an video DVD standard, not an iDVD restriction, 99 chapters and 99 menus/subments. I can't imagine a single project requiring that many menus. Remember that a single layer disk can hold only 120 minutes playing time of media, i.e. slideshows, videos, etc. and that includes the time required by animated menus or menus with audio and the audio playing time counts against the 15 minutes allotted to the menus.

User uploaded file

Feb 23, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Old Toad

While that is mildly helpful, you should not be so limited in your imagination. That might be stagnating your creativity.

The amount of video a DVD+RW or DVD+R disc can hold depends on the quality at which you record. Depending on your encoding parameters, you can get as much as 50 hours on a single DVD-5 disk. Most people stop at around 1 1/2 hours, and I think that's about the quality limit for the MainConcept MPEG2 encoder that comes with Vegas/DVD-A.

A commercial DVD can hold approximately 130 min of video information per layer. Most commercial DVDs have two layers at 130 min per layer, which is why it seems that the DVD is holding a lot more than two hours of information.

Dual layer DVD+Rs and DVD-Rs both have 8.5GB of storage capacity and can hold approximately 16 hours of VHS quality video. There is a slight difference between these formats in capacity when recording DVD quality video, however. A DVD-R DL will hold approximately 3.5 hours of DVD quality video and the DVD+R DL will hold 4 hours.

99 menus in project is rather small actually. It's more the G per menu domain size.

The maximum number of menus in an iDVD project is 99. No more menus can be created.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.