Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and iPod Classic sync problems

Hi all,

I've recently signed up to iTunes Match and use iTunes on my Windows PC (at home) and MacBook Pro (at work). I also use an iPod Classic which I sync with the Windows PC.

I've had an issue which has happened a few times when I sync. I think the problem occurs when iTunes is open on both the PC and the Mac, but I'm not sure.

When I sync my iPod, it increments play count, and updates the recently played playlist as normal, but every now and then, I am asked to sign back into iTunes Match, and when I do that, all play counts from the ipod sync disappear. The Recently Played playlist also no longer has songs played on the iPod included. However, on the "last played" field, the correct date and time of when the song was played in populated.

The iPod is where I listen to music most often, and I would really like to keep the play counts up to date, but I can't figure out what is happening.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas if I can resolve this?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Match and iPod Classic sync problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.