Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi sign-on issue

I have a Time Capsule that is my Wi-Fi Router. The Network name is "Dave's Wi-Fi Network", I have been connecting to it for several years from my MacBook Pro, but recently something has changed. When I open the laptop or turn Wi-Fi OFF and then ON, the Wi-Fi icon in the Menu bar shows it is searching, but that it can't find anything.

If I go to the Menu bar and pull down the list, my network does appear and clicking on the network name causes an immediate connection, but it also give me the error message;

User uploaded file

I have not clicked the Reset to Defaults button because I have no idea what things will be reset when I do. When I click Cancel, I get the following error message.

User uploaded file

However, I am connected to network and everything works fine until I have to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.

Anyone know what is going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Dave

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 12 GB Ram

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 11:36 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 8:18 AM in response to PianomanDave

I deleted the keychain entries for my wi-fi network. I also did keychain first aid and found no errors.

Now when I sign onto my network, I need to use the password, but it won't let it be saved in the keychain the problem seems to be

User uploaded file

Somehow it has lost the keychain named "System", so it can't store the password.

Do I need to reset the defaults? If I do, is there any way to first copy all the saved passwords so I can paste them after the reset?

Do I need to generate a new "System " keychain.

WiFi sign-on issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.