Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location based reminders no longer working

I currently have a wifi only iPad air 2 And ever since getting this iPad I've never been able to CREATE location based reminders. Now I've owned every regular wifi only iPad's and in the past I've been able to create location based reminders so this is a change either within iOS 8 or something weird is going on with my device.

I've restored as new twice and still nothing. The issue shouldn't be related to iPad being wifi only because u can create them via the web and via an iMac or even iPod.

WIthin settings, privacy, location services I don't have reminders listed and when I go to the reminders app I dont have any option that would prompt me to allow or deny location access which seems to be the issue. For example location services doesn't show calendar either until you go into the calendar and tap on add event and tap within the location field.

Also within settings, privacy, location services, system services EVERYTHING is enabled.

In my mind the issue is that I need to be able to tap on something within reminders to prompt me for location access however I'm not seeing anything. I also have an iPhone 6 plus and have no issues creating reminders and I've also reset location settings in the reset menu. The two restores I did this week consisted of a restore with the device and a restore with iTunes.

I Can also create location based reminders on my iPad using the Workflow automation app which creates the reminder with location alert within reminders however when I go to the reminders app it doesn't show a location but when I check on my iPhone 6 plus the location shows up.

BAffled.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:02 AM

3 replies

Location based reminders no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.