Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email threatening to delete my iCloud. Scam?

I've just had a very curious email from 'support@apple-emails.eu' threatening to delete my iCloud account if i don't verify it within 48 hours. But it says it will be cancelled, today, 23 February. They have sent no previous such warnings. No one has ever asked me to update my iCloud ID details.

Everything on my computer, and my online Apple ID account, suggests that nothing has changed, all is in order and verified. There is nothing for me to change or verify. All the boxes are ticked.

I assume this is a very dangerous piece of spam.

Here's a copy of the email, with the dangerous? links removed:

Apple/iCloud ID

This is the last message to inform you as of 23 - February - 2015 that you have not yet updated your iCloud ID details. Under "KYC" legislation Apple Inc is required by law to carry out a verification of your Apple ID, failure to do so will result in deletion of your iCloud in less than 48 hours.

Please proceed below to »

To cancel the deletion of your iCloud ID proceed to continue to your Apple ID profile page before the deadline.

Case Support Request ID: #R11TIFH64671945

Sincerely,

Apple Genius

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:49 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

7 replies

Feb 28, 2016 5:43 AM in response to Carlimc

Adding a comment to this thread because it was the first link I found when I googled the problem.

I just received a variant of this fishing email that looked pretty official. So I figured I would warn others.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 27, 2016 at 3:28:17 PM EST
To: (my work email)
Subject: Your Apple ID is pending deletion
Reply-To: support@applenecessities.com

Apple ID (my work email) is due to expire.

You have not yet updated your Apple ID and it is now pending expiration. To
prevent your Apple ID being expired you must update your Apple ID within 24
hours of 27 - February - 2016.

To confirm your Apple ID please visit:
http://applesupport-4853.org/service/?email=(My work email)
Sincerely,
Apple Inc

email threatening to delete my iCloud. Scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.