Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting notices that my safari (5.1.10)is unsupported

I keep receiving "browser no longer supported " and "update your browser" notices

from various websites. But as far as I know 5.1.10 is the latest Safari.

Am I missing something here?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 12:22 PM

6 replies

Feb 23, 2015 12:37 PM in response to jamesbay

I have kept 10.6.8 as well and everything eventually moves on making things obsolete.

So many things are now bursting with the latest technology and the old software cannot handle it. Once a certain point is reached those writing and utilizing the tech in business see no advantage in accommodating the weakest applications.

You should start planning to upgrade to a computer system that is at least more up to date if not current.

Feb 23, 2015 4:34 PM in response to MichelPM

MichelPM wrote:

...Mozilla FireFox.

The current, up-to-date version of FireFox is fully compatible with OS X and is regularly updated by the great developers of the Mozilla group.

FWIW I have experienced problems with the last three updates of Firefox. I routinely have to Force Quit the application. However, it may not have anything to do with being at the lowest end of the OS compatibility list.

I keep getting notices that my safari (5.1.10)is unsupported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.