Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library/Chaches/com.apple.bird is bigger then 45GB

Hey,

my Library/Chaches/com.apple.bird Folder is bigger then 45GB. Can I delete them? Or are there any solutions to fix that amount of chache data? I have only 256GB storage on my MacBook Air.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 1:48 PM

10 replies

Aug 26, 2017 7:06 AM in response to Br4iNeXe

I too noticed a large com.apple.bird file in the cache folder, tens of gigabytes.

Unchecking and checking iCloud preference did indeed reduced its size to less than 200Mb.

However after iCloud had finished downloading iCloud documents to my Mac, available disk space had been reduced by an amount approximately equal to the total size of documents.

Whereas that may make some sense, the available disk space was higher prior to unchecking and checking iCloud preference.

I was wondering whether an image or invisible copy of the downloaded documents resides somewhere in the system?

I have found the iCloud (archive) which is created after unchecking iCloud preference, and deleted it though it was not the culprit.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Aug 26, 2017 7:15 AM in response to macrobin

The documents should be in your user Library/Mobile Documents folder.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library.

Feb 23, 2015 6:00 PM in response to Br4iNeXe

Please back up all data, then open the iCloud pane in System Preferences. If the box marked iCloud Drive is checked, uncheck it and confirm. Your iCloud documents should be preserved on Apple's servers.

Test to see whether there's an improvement, then re-check the box and test again. It may take a noticeable amount of time for your iCloud Drive documents to resynchronize.

Library/Chaches/com.apple.bird is bigger then 45GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.