Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to import iphoto events from remote library into local library

I know how to access my MBA's iphoto library from my imac, however I don't know how to import any event/photo into my local imac's library. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 2:30 PM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2015 8:55 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your help. i did this and worked perfect:

I opened the MBA's library using iphoto (using Finder, going to shared and accesing my MBA, go and find iphoto library and click it).

Once that opens by default with iphoto, then... went to Finder again, Pictures, right click on iphoto library (local Imac library) and select "open with" = Aperture.

There I had my MBA's library opened on iphoto and my local Imac library opened on Aperture. I simply dragged the events from iphoto to Aperture. Worked like a charm..

PS: It is obvious to say that for this to work, both Imac and MBA have to be Shared in the same network

Mar 5, 2015 9:08 AM in response to intobuildings

Once that opens by default with iphoto, then... went to Finder again, Pictures, right click on iphoto library (local Imac library) and select "open with" = Aperture.

There I had my MBA's library opened on iphoto and my local Imac library opened on Aperture. I simply dragged the events from iphoto to Aperture. Worked like a charm..

PS: It is obvious to say that for this to work, both Imac and MBA have to be Shared in the same network

That works, but there is a better way with Aperture. The problem. If you drag the photos from Aperture to iPhoto, you only transfer the previews and you lose quality, because you do not transfer the high quality originals.

Aperture can do more for you:

• Select the event (in Aperture "Projects") you want to transfer in the library Inspector and then use "File > Export > Project as new Library". This will create a new photo library with only the elected items.
  • Then open your destination iPhoto library in Aperture and select the command "File > Import > Library" and select the partial library with your events. Aperture will now merge this library into your iPhoto library.

This way, you will transfer the originals and all editing, keywords, etc, and effectively merge your iPhoto libraries preserving all your work.

Seethes document: Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries

how to import iphoto events from remote library into local library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.