Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install iTunes

I have been trying to update my iTunes for over a year on my laptop. I can no longer even open any versions of iTune on it. When I try to install any Apple software including iTunes it starts out by "Validating Installation" then I get an error message that says "Object Already Exists" and when I click "ok" it just gives me the option to :finish" without installing anything. I have tried deleting any with Apple in it on my computer but that doesn't help.Any ideas on how I can install iTunes again. I have all the latest software downloaded ready to install.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 12:44 PM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Andeecat

For "Object already exists" or "Access denied" errors when installing try opening Control Panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates then checking for Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2918614). Uninstall if you have it, then reboot and try installing again.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Feb 24, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Andeecat

I too have had these issues after updating to windows 8 and Itunes 12. Here is how I fixed it..

First remove any related old Itunes files Go to http//support.apple.com and use the search to find (remove Itunes completely) for your specific computer. Second install

iTunes 9.1.1 for Windows (32 and 64 bit) found at http//support.apple.com/kb/dl1037 Use the 32 or 64 bit (9.1+quicktime) download. I disabled the update option when prompted as to not allow a newer version to install later. The 9.1 download removed some old registry files and a back up file before installing with a quicktime update and everything is happy again.

Peace,

Feb 24, 2015 12:44 PM in response to turingtest2

tt2 that worked perfectly. Had a slight problem before I installed all the other Apple software back on my computer but once that was on iTunes went on great. If my windows update tries to install the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2918614) back on my computer should I not allow it?Don't want this problem to happen again.Thanks to you and DJWeeBee for the help.

Unable to install iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.