Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i restored my ipad and have to put in the apple ID that was used originally to set up my ipad but i have no idea what that is

i restored my ipad and have to put in the apple ID that was used originally to set up my ipad but i have no idea what that is

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 4:25 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2015 4:29 PM in response to Dannenberg18

If you're being prompted for your own Apple ID, use Apple's iForgot service or contact their Account Security team.

If not, but you're the device's original owner, take the device and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store.

If not, but you're able to contact the person who set the lock, send them this link and tell them to follow its instructions.

If none of the above applies, you can't activate the device but may be able to get it refunded. Apple won't remove the lock for anyone other than the original owner(assuming they're alive.)

(122988)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.