Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs in gray

Hi, I added a cd in my iTunes library and when I do my synchronization this album does not appear in my Ipod Touch 5gen but appears in the library on my computer (the music connected to the iPod), but in gray. .. I do not know what to do, I'm discouraged ... 😢 in my iTunes library, everything is normal. (I have an Ipod touch 5gen under ios8 and computer under Windows 8.1) Can you help me please ??? thank you in advance

iPod touch, Windows 8, i tunes

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 3:00 PM

14 replies

Feb 23, 2015 3:16 PM in response to PrincessTintin

Delete from your iTunes library and reimport and resync.

If it appear in gray on your iPod then:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Feb 23, 2015 5:06 PM in response to PrincessTintin

I lost my screen saver , all my settings the songs are back in the cloud ( the ones I bought in ITunes store have to redownload them all ) ... what happened ??? You resolved most of the trouble Ihad before but now ... it's worst . I know you are trying to help but ... I'm in ever deeper trouble now . Apple can not help me without charging me 35$ , and can not garanty the result ... Help me please !

Feb 23, 2015 5:19 PM in response to PrincessTintin

I lost my screen saver , all my settings the songs are back in the cloud ( the ones I bought in ITunes store have to redownload them all ) ... what happened ??? You resolved most of the trouble Ihad before but now ... it's worst . I know you are trying to help but ... I'm in ever deeper trouble now . Apple can not help me without charging me 35$ , and can not garanty the result ... Help me please !

Feb 23, 2015 5:20 PM in response to lllaass

Feb 26, 2015 4:34 PM in response to PrincessTintin

OK . Finally the problems are solved ... An AppleCare Senior Advisor IOS Technical Support , Michael , who took pity of me , gave me a call and everything seems to be normal . Had to delete everything from the Ipod ,( he thinks there was a crooked file ), and all redownload everything ( operation wich took 12 hours ) .I'm thankfull to you both who tryed to help me , lllaass and ebza1112 , I know you did the best that you could . This girl is so happy that everything worked out just fine .🙂

songs in gray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.