Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why i can't update my apps in my iphone 5s?

it's been like three times since october or septembre, can't remember when it started but the problem still happening!! i can't update my apps on the app store in my phone i try:

- synced on itunes

- reboot my phone

- i checked settings too and nothing

- update automatically

NOTHING! 😟 But i don't know if the problem it's with the apple company or the software updates BECAUSE the las time y update the software iOS 8.1.3 i could updates all the apps!! then three or four weeks later the problem appears AGAIN! help me!!

when i open app store the number of updates doesn't appear it says ''all the apps are updated'' and that it's wrong!

AND one more problem is that i can't download a new app EVEN my apps already purchased!!

HELP ME please!!

i don't want to wait until the new software update will be release and recently update all the apps 😢

pd: i'm from ecuador sorry! if i wrote something wrong 😟 sorry! help me! 😢

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 5:04 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 6:28 AM in response to schelle19

Hi schelle19,

From your post it appears your iPhone is currently unable to connect to the iTunes Store in order to update apps or download new apps. To troubleshoot this issue please follow the information below.

Make sure your computer is up-to-date and meets the following requirements

• Make sure that you can access the Internet on your computer or device.
  • Make sure that your computer meets the iTunes minimum system requirements.
  • Make sure that your operating system is up to date:
    • For Mac: Choose Apple () > Software Update to determine if updates are available for your computer.
    • For Windows: Go to Microsoft's Windows Update webpage.

Troubleshoot issues on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
  • Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update(iOS 5 or later) or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking
    Check for Update
    on your device's Summary page.
  • Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to cellular data, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  • Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. You can check the user guide for your device for help with connecting to the Internet.
  • Make sure that other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the issue persists, try troubleshooting your Wi-Fi networks and connections.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

why i can't update my apps in my iphone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.