Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mouse is losing connectivity constantly, i have put in new batteries just keeps happening, its infuriating

I have a 3 year old iMac with wireless keyboard and mouse.

The mouse constantly loses connectivity. It can take several minutes before it flashes up "connection lost" then several more minutes before it comes back on. Only seconds later, the process repeats itself.

Im loosing my mind with frustration. How can I fix this??

Yes, I've tried replacing batteries, doesnt help at all.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 5:51 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 12:29 AM in response to gilby1970

Hello gilby1970,

Replacing the batteries not always the answer; it is the state of the batteries you've replaced (were they showing signs of leakage), the type of batteries you installed, were they the recommended Apple, Eneloop, Energiser or Duracell (cheaper or bargain batteries are often slightly too small and lose contact that way) and the condition of the battery compartment itself is important. The contact terminals must be as thoroughly clean as new batteries are. When you have checked out these points, if you still have trouble try your mouse with a friends computer.

Regards, 71

my mouse is losing connectivity constantly, i have put in new batteries just keeps happening, its infuriating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.