Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when is itunes going to reduce its prices in Australia?

It's quite simple. I regularly go to iTunes and think "wow I'd like to download a movie!". But every time I get there I see the prices. $11.99 to buy a very old but classic movie and $4.99 to rent. I can go an buy it at the store or order it to be shipped in from the USA for less than that.

When is iTunes going to get real and reduce the prices in Australia?

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 6:46 PM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 6:51 AM in response to davot777

davot777 wrote:

If only that were the only consideration. It is reported quite regularly that Apple in Australia is significantly more expensive than in other countries.

Davot,

Yes, that concern has been expressed consistently on this Forum for many years.

If there are other online retailers available to you, feel free to shop around.

Feb 27, 2015 7:09 AM in response to davot777

I can go an buy it at the store or order it to be shipped in from the USA for less than that.

Have you actually tried doing that? If it works then great for you. Most countries have customs duties on commercial goods received from outside the country which are not covered by allowances permitted if you are receiving something as a gift from somebody overseas or bringing it in with you personally during travel. Also don't forget most DVDs have region control on their playback and unless you want to lock your DVD player into playing US DVDs you may have to purchase multiple players.

Feb 27, 2015 12:07 PM in response to ed2345

To Ed2345, unfortunately in Australia the digital download options are very limited. We have no amazon option here. I gather you don't live in Australia. This means that aside from iTunes and some very limited streaming options that you need to purchase a physical media version. After many years of the excuse for pricing being the media and distribution costs it is disappointing to find pricing comparable high on iTunes when compared to buying or even renting DVDs here in Australia.

To Limnos, on commercial goods yes but not for personal purchases under around $1,000. I am talking about personal use here. Most DVD players in Australia are multi-regional. Blue ray is not unfortunately as yet. Also as we know region is just another control mechanism and really shouldn't apply in a global economy and this digital age.

To all just to reiterate my complaint is the comparably high pricing of a digital download in Australia on iTunes (as one of the few if not the only choice) when compared to what someone in the US would pay AND when compared to the purchase of a physical format.

when is itunes going to reduce its prices in Australia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.