Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get instagram on my 4th generation ipod

My iPod won't update to iOS7.0 so I can't get Instagram on my 4th generation iPod touch! Am I missing something? Is there some way to get it to update? I really want to get Instagram but it won't let me! I honestly don't care if I don't get the most "updated" version of Instagram I just want to get it!!! Help?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 1:35 AM

Try:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2015 1:35 AM in response to ballerinamary

Try:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Feb 25, 2015 5:34 PM in response to ballerinamary

Oh I figured it out! For anyone else who has this problem: Go onto your iTunes account on your computer, buy Instagram (or any other app that's giving you this problem) and download it onto your account. Then go onto your iPod and into the app store search Instagram the press the little cloud where the "Get App" button usually is. A dialog will the pop up on the screen asking you if you want to, "Download an older version of this app?" Click Download and there you go!

how do I get instagram on my 4th generation ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.