Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages 4.3

I have pages 4.3 on my 10.7.5 Mac book Pro.

I have made hundreds and hundreds of pages documents in this version of Pages.

I cannot update my Pages as the newer versions are not compatible with 4.3.

I am keeping this version (pages 4.3) on my laptop also (10.7.5) because of compatibility issues..

QUESTION

Can I put pages 4.3 somehow on a thumb drive to save it forever..

reason for question

So that If i want to use another Mac or I upgrade, or under any circumstance, I want to edit or view or work with any of my multiple documents I have so painstakingly created in Pages 4.3 , that I will be able to use this version of Pages to do this.

PLEASE i am hoping that someone will be able to help me.

thank you'

neo

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 11:03 PM

Click on my blue name and email me.

Peter

6 replies

Feb 24, 2015 3:41 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

I sent you an e mail, Peter..

I think you are busy so I am going to be very very gratefully patient.. because.I really would like to know about the question posted here.

You have helped me with my Pages dilemmas( assorted) before.. but not with the one which I addressed at this thread at this forum at this time.

Many thanks!!

as always

alice

Feb 26, 2015 4:31 PM in response to Community User

There are two variations of iWork '09 applications. Those that shipped on a DVD with subsequent Apple 9.3 updater applied, and those that when they were available — purchased and updated via the OS X App Store.

If your Pages '09 v4.3 is of the first category, the DVD/updater installation process also installed application dependent frameworks (libraries) outside of the application bundle in a System Library location. This is specifically why this variant of iWork '09 applications cannot be simply placed on a USB stick, because the special libraries are elsewhere. You need to keep the DVD/Apple Updater 9.3 handy, as this variant of iWork '09 must be reinstalled on additional OS X platforms.

If Pages '09 v4.3 is of the second variety — obtained from the OS X App Store, the application dependent libraries are incorporated into the application bundle, and the Pages '09 v4.3 application is portable across devices and Macs — providing they are OS X 10.7.5 or later.

In either case, you also want to backup any custom templates that you have made in Pages '09 v4.3. These are located:

/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates

Feb 26, 2015 6:17 PM in response to VikingOSX

THANK YOU SO MUCH PETER AND VIKING OSX

well, I have never uninstalled Pages.. I originally installed it from the app store, so I know all the components are on my system.. Pity i cannot just collect them all ( all components) and put them onto a teeny thumb drive.. But alas, no..

I am keeping the OS 10.7.5 for as long as I possibly can, with Pages 4.3

I think if need be , in future, I will make this a 'dedicated Pages 4.3 Macbook Pro' and not use it for any other purpose other than to create ( if still possible) and edit my pages documents. There is no way under heaven that I can take all my documents and put them into a different format. There are perhaps as many as 1,000 docs..

I think that is what I will end up doing ( making it a dedicated Mac 10.7.5 / Pages 4.3 machine)

I will need to purchase a new Mac in future for everything else.. which does not thrill me, but which I will be forced to do, I think.

Thank you so very much, Peter and Viking, for your assistance on this.

oh, PS.. no.. the versions of Pages I purchased together, one for my i pad and one for my Mac book Pro..

The application I installed on the i pad is no longer compatible with the one of Macbook Pro.. I have not been able to sync my pages across devices for almost a year. I did not upgrade either installation from the original installation app..

alice

Mar 13, 2015 7:31 AM in response to VikingOSX

Viking..

That was my original question: how can i access the bundle which i have on my macbook pro, of Pages ( i work 09 ) 4.3 and keep it for future, so that if I upgrade to yosemite, I can still have pages 4.3..

I want to do this soon.

I went to old posts and found, what seems to be the answer here

How to download pages 4.3?

I do not exactly know what Peggy means when she says "compress".

ALSO My intention is not quite the same as the person who asked the question. I am not yet updating my OS.(OS X7.5)

I have an addition to this question.

I have pages 4.3 on my Mac book pro.. I have a friend with a Macbook pro who also has 10.7.5..

I would like for her to have pages 4.3..so that she can read and edit my pages 4.3 documents.

She should be able to go to the app store, correct, and click on "pages", and the app store will tell her that she cannot use the current Pages with her OS

but would she like to download a previous version. is this correct?

many thanks

neo

pages 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.