Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to text to internation numbers

I have an iPhone 6. I have SMS on, imessage on, MMS on. I can text fine in the US and receive texts from international numbers but am unable to send SMS text messages to international numbers. I can use imessage internationally. I cannot use sms I have used 011-421-xxx-yyyy' +011-421-xxx-yyyy, +421-xxx-yyyy all unsuccessfully. I've recycled the phone. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 6:04 PM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2015 7:28 PM in response to westerninapex

Who is your carrier and what countries are you trying to message? (does your carrier support international SMS?)

Is your region set correctly?

Have you talked to your carrier about it?

FYI - SMS doesn't support 011, all you need is the country code (no 0) phone number
With what you did, that's like sending an SMS to +1-421-555-1111

Since you're going to Slovakia for SMS, just compose with the number like this +421-555-1111

That's all you need for it to work, if it doesn't work, ask your carrier for help.

unable to text to internation numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.