Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes everytime on startup

Hi 🙂

I have a very annoying problem. iTunes (12.1.1 64bit) crashes as soon as it startups. I can see the GUI but after 5-10 sec it crashes with the message "itunes stopped working".

In the Event Viewer on Windows 7 64bit I see this error entry:

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.1.1.4, time stamp: 0x54de1991

Faulting module name: JavaScriptCore.dll, version: 7600.1017.9000.1, time stamp: 0x54dd6800

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000002c6c05

Faulting process id: 0x1aa0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d050098a6cb59a

Faulting application path: C:\dev\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\JavaScriptCore.dll

Report Id: d2f94927-bbfc-11e4-b2d6-90b11c9640f8

I uninstalled everything according to these steps: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

It didn't help.

So what else can I do?

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 12:30 AM

14 replies

Feb 24, 2015 12:48 AM in response to GarfieldKlon

I tried installing 11.1.5, this one crashes with this message:

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 11.1.5.5, time stamp: 0x53073d6a

Faulting module name: ***.dll, version: 7537.60.5.27, time stamp: 0x52f2f441

Fault offset: 0x000017d0

Faulting process id: 0x14cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0500e5238391a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\***.dll

Report Id: ba9caba7-bc01-11e4-aff7-90b11c9640f8

Mar 2, 2015 11:39 PM in response to GarfieldKlon

I have a similar issue, Itunes 12.1.1.4 64bit crashes after a few seconds, every time. Itunes must connect using the company proxy (seems to work fine from home using same version).

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.1.1.4, time stamp: 0x54de1633

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x0ec62878

Faulting process id: 0xda8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0558435722761

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 91bb955c-c177-11e4-b59b-5c260a867317

Also tried removing as much as possible of Apple apps and installing older versions, but no luck. Some of the older versions crashed with the JavaScriptCore.dll

Any ideas?

Mar 14, 2015 1:14 AM in response to GarfieldKlon

Same issue there ;(

It was perfectly working since (i think) my computer made an automatic windows update recently. I have iTunes 12.1.1.4 + windows 7 64bits

When i plug the iphone via the USB cable, then on iTunes, the iphone appears grey then instantly iTunes crash without quitting. If i unplug the iphone then iTunes is working again.

I tried several things :
- Reinstall and repair itunes

- CCleaner on the registry
- Relaunch mobile device services
- Kill APSDaemon.exe- Tried also to sync Mini Ipad + ipad air > does not work
- Change USB cable and port
- shut down and restart windows
- hard reset
- update my phone to latest IOS (via wifi)
- Launch iTunes in admin mode

NOTHING WORKS!

Anybody could help please?

Tks a lot in advance

Another thread talking about the issue: Re: iTunes freezing after upgrade to 12.1.1.4

Mar 18, 2015 10:53 PM in response to GarfieldKlon

I think I am right there with you guys on this.

ITunes 12.1.1.4

Windows 7 64 bit.

Crash happens about 45-60 seconds in after starting ITunes. have tried everything. Reinstalling iTunes as per Apple procedure, tried rebuilding my library several times (which I was not comfortable doing, it's very large and I don't want to screw it up). To no avail, it might seem good for a few hours but the crashing comes back. I also have second win 7 PC (laptop) where the same thing would happen.

So after reading this thread:

1) Entirely possible that this coincides with recent windows updates from this week.

2) Also, I tried unplugging my network connection when starting iTunes as you guys have tried - SUCCESS - that works. Although, obviously not a good workaround.

Mar 19, 2015 11:01 AM in response to GarfieldKlon

Microsoft just released two updates today, so far iTunes seems to be working much better after these installed.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3021952)

Installation date: 3/19/2015 11:27 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3021952

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

and

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3032359)

Installation date: 3/19/2015 11:26 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3032359

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Mar 19, 2015 1:16 PM in response to GarfieldKlon

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies. The notes below the box include tips on removing troublesome components.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 15, 2015 6:01 PM in response to rcchamp1

Disconnecting from the internet for the first few minutes when ITunes starts is the only thing that works. I rebuilt my library 3 times and even cleaned out files that constantly caused it to re-calculate gapless playback each startup.

So today Itunes version - 12.1.2.27 is pushed out. Still no help!!! Same problem exists. ITunes crashes on startup - disconnection from the internet is the only thing that works.

APPLE - need a proper fix. Work with Microsoft on it, don't care, just fix it.

Apr 16, 2015 12:28 AM in response to GarfieldKlon

Hi all,

Finally i have been able to find out what was wrong.

In my case, iTunes was not faulty according to me, it was AVAST antivirus that was blocking everything. After many tries and tests i trief to turn off AVAST and magically everything went very well.
So maybe check with your antivirus because in my case that was causing the issue.

i've openned a ticket at avast to warn them, they todl me that their update should normally fix it, i've made that update last week but nothing change.

So when i want to sync my iphone i disconnect avast "et voila !" 🙂

May 28, 2015 11:50 AM in response to GarfieldKlon

I have been dealing with this issue at work (that does use an Enterprise proxy). I disabled the proxy in IE, and iTunes stayed open, but (obviously) said it could not connect to the internet. I re-enabled the proxy, and iTunes would crash with the faulting module being the JavaScriptCore.dll. So, I opened the java control panel and went to Network Settings and manually entered the proxy info, instead of "Use Browser Settings". iTunes crashed again. Went back into the Java Control Panel and selected Settings (Under General > Temporary Internet Files) and Delete Files. Left Applications and Applets and Trace and Log files selected, and select ok. Reopened iTunes and it connected to the store and authorized my PC without another crash.

Hopefully this will help someone else 🙂

Bruce

------------------------------------------------

The World Is A Vampire

mysocialhomeplace.com

iTunes crashes everytime on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.