Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store update problem

Hey everyone,

last time when I try to download safari update for Mavericks, but I pause few time, after I pause, it ask me to restart to install the update, but I don't do it since it haven't finishing the download, but why this happen?

As you can see the screen shot below, the recent update section show i download 5 times of safari update, but that is the time I pause the download, and every time I phase it ask me to restart for install.

After finished download and install, my safari sometime can't open some webpage(example, iTunes connect website), I tried to reset safari few time, but didn't work, but now the problem seen like gone by itself, but I need to know what's happening!

User uploaded file

also this few week, my mac start to show up notification banner and asking me to restart to install update, but I didn't download any update neither the recent update show any new download, so I just click the remind me tomorrow(since it doesn't have option to cancel it), I check the app store setting in system preference, i found that I have "system update and security updates" and "automatically download app purchase on other macs" ticked.

DO you guys think I should make a clean install?

But I done many time ago, it is a long process, does there any easier way?

Can I just instal the OS X Mavericks installer directly like a normal app without erase and install OS X in os x recovery partition?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 8:02 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2015 7:06 AM in response to JohnnyChin95

Hello JohnnyChin95,

You absolutely can just reinstall OS X Mavericks without having to erase and install. The steps to do that are almost the same as the only thing you do differently is that you do not go to Disk Utility to erase the drive. Just go to the Reinstall OS X option and pick your Hard Drive and follow the on screen instructions to get it going. Check out the article below for the step by step process.

OS X Mavericks: Reinstall OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13871

Regards,

-Norm G.

Feb 25, 2015 5:16 PM in response to norm123

thanks, but can I don't install from Reinstall OS X option in os x recovery partition because it need to download other 5gb(my internet super slow!), I have downloaded a latest installer from mac app store, can I just launch that installer directly can install? will this reinstall all the built in apps as well? does this make more files in my system that will cause my mac to slow down(because it install an os x again on my os x)?

Mac App Store update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.