Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep being asked for my iCloud password

Through no fault of my own, I have been without Internet for a month. Now my connection is restored, I keep being asked for my iCloud password. I didn't even know I had one. How can I find out what it is? I've tried my AppleID password.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:50 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Robert Bannister

Hello Robert Bannister,

It seems you need to reset your iCloud account password. The article below will help you perform this task:

iCloud: Change your iCloud password

Your iCloud password protects the privacy of the information (such as your email) stored in iCloud. Your password also protects your ability to locate or remotely erase your device using Find My iPhone . You should regularly change your iCloud password to protect your information. Your iCloud password is the password for the Apple ID you use to sign in to iCloud.
Important: If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do with other Apple services such as the Apple Online Store, iTunes Store, App Store, or to purchase products in iPhoto or Aperture, changing your iCloud password also changes your password for these services. Make sure you sign in to those locations using your new password.
  1. Go to the My Apple ID website (appleid.apple.com) and follow the instructions to reset your Apple ID password.

For more information, see the Apple Support article Apple ID: Changing your password.

2. After changing your iCloud password, make sure you update it on all your devices and in any email apps you use to get your iCloud email.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > iCloud, then tap your iCloud account.

• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• On a Windows computer: Open iCloud for Windows.

• In your email apps: Check the help provided for the email apps you’re using.

If you set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, make sure to set up a passcode lock on your device for added security. (Go to Settings > Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode.)

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

I keep being asked for my iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.