Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my songs from my nano 7th generation to a new computer?

Hi Everyone!

I transferred songs to iTunes on my desktop computer then synced it with my 7th generation nano. I have about 300 songs. I would like to sync my nano to a laptop in order to charge my nano when I travel. The problem is that my iTunes only shows one album on in my iTunes library on my laptop and I am afraid to lose all my songs on my 7th generation nano if I attempt to sync it. How can I do this without losing anything on my nano?

Thank you everyone for you help and taking the time to read this.

Denis

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:36 PM

Hello Denis,

You can transfer the songs to your computer if your songs were purchases from iTunes Store. Remember not to sync if only one album in your iTunes because it will replace all songs from your iPod nano. The way to transfer as below:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Regards,

Anson

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2015 10:36 PM in response to Speak2Denis

Hello Denis,

You can transfer the songs to your computer if your songs were purchases from iTunes Store. Remember not to sync if only one album in your iTunes because it will replace all songs from your iPod nano. The way to transfer as below:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Regards,

Anson

Feb 25, 2015 4:34 PM in response to Anson Luk

Hi Anson!

Thanks to your help,I was able to find the answer through Deggie. I was able to find a third party software called "TouchCopy", which you can find at this site: http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/download/win/64/index.php . This software is especially made for iPod, iPad. I tried the trial version, which transferred my music from my iPod nano to iTunes in a flash. Since it limited me to about 30 songs and worked so efficiently, I bought the license to use it and complete my music transfer. It worked really fast and I was able to do everything easily. Everything was transferred and my nano library is intact!

Thanks!

Denis

Feb 25, 2015 4:36 PM in response to deggie

Hi Deggie!

Thanks to your help,I was able to find the answer for my problem. I was able to find a third party software called "TouchCopy", which you can find at this site: http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/download/win/64/index.php . This software is especially made for iPod, iPad. I tried the trial version, which transferred my music from my iPod nano to iTunes in a flash. Since it limited me to about 30 songs and worked so efficiently, I bought the license to use it and complete my music transfer. It worked really fast and I was able to do everything easily. Everything was transferred and my nano library is intact!

Thanks!

Denis

How do I transfer my songs from my nano 7th generation to a new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.