Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have a I pod Classic 12GB approx 2009 which I download from I Tunes running on my HP G72 Laptop with “Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1”. About 4 month ago I wanted to update pictures and music on the I pod. Although the I-pod connected to m

Hi

I have a I pod Classic 12GB approx 2009 which I download from I Tunes running on my HP G72 Laptop with “Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1”.

About 4 month ago I wanted to update pictures and music on the I pod. Although the I-pod connected to my I Tunes ok, when I requested the pod to Sync it attempted to for about 10seconds I then got an apple pop up message saying, “I pod cannot be synced the required file cannot be found” as the job was not urgent I went no further.

Since then I have updated I Tunes twice and tried to sync I pod but I still get the same message.

Could someone tell me if it’s a problem with :- the I pod, a windows update, or I Tunes i.e. Apple and their updates.

Not being a computer expert a simplified answer would be appreciated

Cheers Ian

UPDATE Tried again, after connecting I turned off all Photos, they were all deleted from I pod and the music updated, looks as though it may have something to do with the photo side.

iPod classic (120 GB)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 3:39 AM

There are no replies.

Hi I have a I pod Classic 12GB approx 2009 which I download from I Tunes running on my HP G72 Laptop with “Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1”. About 4 month ago I wanted to update pictures and music on the I pod. Although the I-pod connected to m

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.