Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 'Battery Is Not Charging'

I have a macbook pro (Mid 2012) and about a week ago the battery was saying it needed servicing, tried SMC reset and didn't work. I replaced the battery this morning with a new one and the battery is reading all good now but my megasafe charger is still an extremely dim green and my mac is saying 'Battery is not Charging.' Tried another SMC reset and also a second charger and still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Coconut Battery

Current Charge - 4194 mAh

Max Charge - 5858 mAh

Os X Battery Status - Good

Charging with - 0.0 Watts

Battery State - Discharging

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 4:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2015 4:49 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Hi, thanks for the reply. I got it from amazon but I made sure the reviews were good and it was compatible with my mac http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008LO2LFE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_de tailpage_o00_s00

For some reason it won't let me copy and paste the info properly so I'll just type it....

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: W03044RMFD3LC

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 201

Hardware Revision: 000a

Cell Revision: 165

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 4194

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5858

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 0

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 11760

System Power Settings:

Ac Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Wake on LAN: Yes

AutoPowerOff Delay: 14400

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

Current Power Source: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0

Standby Delay: 4200

Standby Enabled: 0

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 2

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

AutoPowerOffDelay: 14400

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Reduce Brightness: Yes

Standby Delay: 4200

Standby Enabled: 0

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes

ID: 0x0000

Revision: 0x0000

Family: 0x0000

Serial Number: 0x00000000

Charging: No

Feb 25, 2015 3:28 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I tried to do the Hardware Test but the power on button on my mac doesn't work. The only way my computer will start up atm is by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and then when I plug the charger in it automatically turns itself on. It's really strange.

I did take it to the apple store near me and they said it would cost £100 for them just to do a check on it and then it would cost money on top of that to replace anything that is damaged but if it's going to come to like £200+ I'm tempted just to buy a new laptop. Not sure what to do really.

Apr 20, 2015 8:39 AM in response to ds00192

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I bought a replacement battery on eBay. It arrived to day, I installed it, and everything looks great. Just happened to Google the serial number on this baby, and stumbled upon this thread, as the serial number seems to be the same as this one. My question is this: Should the serial be unique for one battery only, or is it some sort of model number? My battery did come from China/Singapore, and it was listed as genuine Apple product. I wasn't able to see any signs on this being a scam. Writing this, I of course know that's maybe a bit naive of my to think that a battery coming from China is in anyway genuine. Paid only 55 USD for it. See the product here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181425784769

As I mentioned everything seems to work fine, just curious.

Macbook 'Battery Is Not Charging'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.