Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I find my pre order number for an ibook

I pre ordered an ibook to take advantage of a publisher's offer for added value content if I pre ordered but I need to submit the pre order confirmation number in order to access that added value content. I cannot find, anywhere, anything called a pre order confirmation number. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:57 AM

There aren't pre-order numbers for purchases from the iBookstore (nor for items from the iTunes store), you will only get an order number when you book is released and you purchase it

5 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:45 AM in response to CR18104

I had the same problem, looked everywhere on my iBooks app on both laptop and iPad and eventually found the order number in my iTunes Store.

1) Sign up into your iTunes account (iTunes Store) on your MacBook.

2) Go to the tab "Store" on top of your screen.

3) Click "View Account".

4) The iTunes Store Tab will open.

5) Scroll down to "Purchase History".

6) It should view "Most Recent Purchase" and "View All".

7) Click "View All" and you'll see order numbers of the items you purchased.

Your Purchase History may be hidden in your iBooks tab so this is probably your best bet. Also "See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support" or "Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support " for detailed steps with pictures.

*Not sure when they give the actual order number for pre-orders. For me it showed up 4 days in my Purchase History before the actual release day. It may vary for each order.

where can I find my pre order number for an ibook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.