Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two step verification

Is it possible to use Two-step verification for Apple ID if you don't have connection to mobile carrier?

I have all time connection to internet but unfortunately I don't have connection to mobile carrier all the time.

Is not possible to use Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) and use apps like Google Authenticator or 1Password to generate code?

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 5:00 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2017 9:42 AM in response to Dah•veed

Or to actually answer the question: "Is not possible to use Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP)" ... That is correct. Apple does not currently support TOTP as a way to provide the 2nd factor. They, i gather, support two other schemes. Both work by having the the 2nd factor sent to one of your devices during login. The device must previously registered to your account. The 2nd factor is then sent, either via SMS or thier in-house messaging system during the log-in process. Devices that can recieve SMS messages will work. Devices that support MacOS or IOS will work.

Two step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.