Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app disconnects. Works fine for a couple of days. Then loses connection and I need to put in the secret code again. What am I doing wrong?

Remote app to control Apple tv. Downloaded, installed, turned on home sharing. Did everything. Worked fine, then disconnected. What else needs to be done?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 8:54 AM

Hey OnionEaters,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the Remote App will connect but then disconnect later. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 8:54 AM in response to OnionEaters

Hey OnionEaters,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the Remote App will connect but then disconnect later. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Remote app disconnects. Works fine for a couple of days. Then loses connection and I need to put in the secret code again. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.