Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto freezes

When i use the slideshow on certain photos it will freeze. When it freezes it doesn't allow me to do anything, i eventually have to turn my mac off at the power socket. This is now constantly happening even using different albums. Very frustrating 😕

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 5:40 AM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2015 5:46 AM in response to roddaz10

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Mar 16, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

I have a similar problem here.

Here are all the specs:

• iPhoto Version 9.6 (910.29)
  • OS 10.10.2, MacBook Pro mid-2010, 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3, 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Problem: When I launch a slideshow, iPhoto either freezes on the first picture of my album/slideshow, or just after a few (generally 5 to 8).
  • History: I have had this problem since I updated to Yosemite (yesterday).
  • Tried solutions: I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled (using AppCleaner)
  • Other: Nothing unusual

I need it quite urgently for professional use, so I would be very grateful if you had a solution!

Thanks

Mar 18, 2015 11:25 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry,

I tested it out and I must have had a corrupt file in my iPhoto library. I restored an older version of my library and I can now use iPhoto again.

Here is how my problem started:

I had updated to the iMove 10.0.7. I was working in iMovie 10.0.7 using photos and videos from my iPhoto Events when my iPhoto freezing problem started. I tried all of the first aid repairs mention above to no avail. I restored iPhoto & iMovie Apps from time machine backup, and used disk utility to view and repair HD issues, ultimately reinstalling OS X Mavericks completely. It was still happening until I restored an older version of iPhoto Library.

MacBook Pro Retina mid 2012

iPhoto 9.6

OSX 10.10.2

Thanks!

NW

iphoto freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.