Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2011 repair extension program with self-upgrade of SSD and RAM

Hi

I have Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011, which can be repaired by recent repair extension program.

Can I get the program even if I replaced optical drive with another SSD and added more ram up to 16GB?

I heard that coverage of this program on macbook pro late 2011 model includes self-replacement of SSD and RAMs.

Thanks.

P.S Sorry for broken English ; )

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 6:37 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 4:20 PM in response to james0815

Your English seems fine to me! :-) ya know, i've had issues with this before. I have had to take my late 2011 15" macbook pro in, for the same issue, like 5 times now. It is literally in Texas as we speak. One of these time, for repair, they told me i need original RAM and HDD in before they would accept it. Then they never said anything again. My upgrades are in my computer they are servicing right now. I suspect, until they can verify the issue in the beginning, they want original parts to rule anything out, but- the Genius at the store looked at me like i was crazy when i told him other stores did this so, i dunno what the policy is... But- hope it helps...

Macbook pro 2011 repair extension program with self-upgrade of SSD and RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.