Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Yosemite Macbook Pro early-2011 no hardware installed wif-fi

A while ago i borrowed my Macbook Pro to my brother so he could play some games on Steam, now as he has some anger issues he hit my Mac really hard which made it froze, i got angry of course since all my files and games were on the mac, after waiting for hours and of course i grew tired i tried holding the on button for 10 seconds and it shut off i then turned it on and everything worked as it should. But i noticed a problem when the computer finally loaded, hovering over the wi-fi icon displaying an X on it would say ''no hardware installed'' and hovering over a stroken out bluetooth would say ''bluetooth not available'' the computer works as it should without any problem, but what it lacks now is internet and bluetooth whatsoever. I literally tried turning the computer on and off, aswell as holding Command, Option P and R but still the same result. I would be really glad if i could get some help at all thanks in advance.

Jack-

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 7:44 AM

3 replies

OSX Yosemite Macbook Pro early-2011 no hardware installed wif-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.