Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatibility between Sony/AVCHD and Final Cut Pro

I have a Sony PXW-X70 and I filmed in AVCHD, but neither the files nor the videocamera are recognized by FCP X 10.1.4 (the weird thing is that it used to work perfectly just a week ago...)

Is there a way to make it work (I have footage I really need)?

Is it better to use XAVC HD instead of AVCHD to be able to use FCP?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:20 AM

How are you trying to import the footage into FCP X?

Connecting the camera via USB? Try taking the card from the camera and inserting it into your mac.

I have never seen a problem importing from a proper AVCHD structure. Are you mixing formats in the same card? That is a big no-no.

8 replies

Apr 15, 2015 11:29 PM in response to Anton Dorkus

i have similar problem here my footage in big project worked just fine yesterday before latest update to FCPx 10.2. and this morning i am getting black screen on those AVCHD files from my trusty panasonic AG-HMC 150 files are fine playing in VLC or anywhere else even in FCPX 10.1. now i am getting the sound but picture is BLACK ! the same case when i try to import them again it shows black img even on log in window.

and my deadline for project is ticking....

Jun 17, 2015 8:42 AM in response to Anton Dorkus

Hey all. Not sure if everyone or anyone has figured out a fix for this, but I was able to on my end. First, you'll need to be updated on all ends, System 10.10.3, Final Cut X 10.2.1, the newest Sony plug in and the newest firmware on your X70. The firmware update from 1.02 to 2.00 is what I was missing but there is still a catch. You will still not be able to import into FCX if you simply insert the card into your reader or copy from the direct folder that you copy to your hard drive. The key here is to remove the folder that says "XDROOT" and place it in its own folder. This folder cannot contain anything else, only the "XDROOT" folder. Then, once in the import menu in FCX, go to that new folder that contains the "XDROOT" folder and you're set. Import works perfectly and you can gaze into the beautiful eyes of 4:2:2 10 bit.

Here are some links to the updates.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-lt2

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro -xdcam-downloads-XDCAMSoftwareDownload.s…

That should be it. Enjoy

Oct 10, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Thumper Lee

Thumper Lee wrote:

The key here is to remove the folder that says "XDROOT" and place it in its own folder. This folder cannot contain anything else, only the "XDROOT" folder. Then, once in the import menu in FCX, go to that new folder that contains the "XDROOT" folder and you're set.

Probably the origin of all that is a bug, in any case your solution works well! Thanks!

Compatibility between Sony/AVCHD and Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.