Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I access my @me.com account or should I just delete it?

Hi all,

Originally I had a @me.com account and then I moved over to an @icloud.com account. However I am uncertain it the @me is still active or should I just delete it off my devices.

Regards

Kings

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:49 AM

If the name preceeding the @me.com account is the same as the name preceeding the @iCloud.com account, then they are probably the same Apple ID. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign on with your @me.com email address and password (which should be the same as the one you are using for iCloud.com). You will be able to see if the iCloud account you are referring to is showing on that Apple ID.

Apple - My Apple ID

As for deleting them off of your devices - where is the @me.com address showing? Also, when you go to Settings>iCloud, what ID is showing as the Apple ID. You don't want to just sign off the @me.com account where it is signed in. Not sure what you mean when you indicate that you "moved over" to iCloud.com?

Cheers,

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2015 9:49 AM in response to Kingsleyb

If the name preceeding the @me.com account is the same as the name preceeding the @iCloud.com account, then they are probably the same Apple ID. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign on with your @me.com email address and password (which should be the same as the one you are using for iCloud.com). You will be able to see if the iCloud account you are referring to is showing on that Apple ID.

Apple - My Apple ID

As for deleting them off of your devices - where is the @me.com address showing? Also, when you go to Settings>iCloud, what ID is showing as the Apple ID. You don't want to just sign off the @me.com account where it is signed in. Not sure what you mean when you indicate that you "moved over" to iCloud.com?

Cheers,

GB

Apr 4, 2015 4:22 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail,

When I login into MyAppleID on the PC it shows both my primary and secondary email addresses, neither of which is the old @me.com account. That was going via System Tray->iCloud->manage ID,

On the Mac - System Preferences->Internet Accounts shows the correct iCloud account.

On the 6+:

Settings->iCloud - correct account

Settings->iTunes - ok

Seting->Mail - ahhh the old @me.com is listed there and the icloud account.

I have now Signed Out, and removed it from the 6+

I isn't on the Air2.

So far no error message or dialog box requesting the @me.com password.

All other functionality seems ok.

Cheers

Kingsley

how do I access my @me.com account or should I just delete it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.