Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Event invites to Calendar

Dear Apple Community,

I am using iCloud to keep my calendars in sync between my Mac and my iPhone.

However if I recieve an invitation To an event frome someone via email, i only recieve an attachment in an email but there appears no invitation in my calendar program. Only after I open the email attachment, it appears on the top left corner in Calendars.

Then I can accept, decline the event in calendars.

The same happens on my iPhone, only that i can't even accept, decline the Events, but instead only hit "ad to calemdar".

I am hoping to find a solution in order to get the invites directly into calendars on my Mac or be able to accept invites on my iPhone at all.

Thanks for any answers to solve my problem.

Mac mini (Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 25, 2015 2:49 PM in response to brenden dv

Thank you Brenden!

I tried that option. I could not find it in Calendars on my Mac, however i found it in Calendar on iCloud.com and switched it to In App Notifications there.

The odd thing is, if i receive an invite from non-cloud users, so lets say hotmail or gmx, i get the invite as an email. However if I recive an invite from an iCloud user to my iCloud the In App Notification works, this even works, if the iCloud user invites my hotmail account to an event (I have set up my hotmail to forward all emails to my iCloud).

Recap:

someones iCloud -> my iCloud = In App Notification

someones iCloud -> my Hotmail (which forwards to iCloud) = In App Notification

someones non-iCloud -> my iCloud = Email and NO In App Notification

someones non-iCloud -> my Hotmail (which forwards to iCloud) = Email and NO In App Notification

Thanks for your help!

Event invites to Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.