Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band lesson download fails

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2

Garage Band is 10.0.3 but don't look in "About Garage Band" because that doesn't work!

I simply tried downloading a lesson from Garage band. The download seems to complete the 1.3 gig file dowloaded then fails to add to my library.

Every time I restart Garage Band it tries to download the file and fails every time. THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS FROM APPLE but it gets so much better.

I called support and after 2 days and about 3 hours they said.....OH YEAH....its a known issue and Engineering is working on it.

Here's a thought.....DISABLE DOWNLOADS FROM THE LESSON STORE!!!!

Then I was told they can send me a gift and not refund my money????

A memory stick sir? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!

How about ear buds sir? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

How about you refund my money! PERIOD.

I'm told due to licensing that Apple cannot refund my money? HAHAHA Get a grip. You connected to my system and can clearly see what I paid for IS NOT on my computer so refund my money and fix this software and disable the downloads until you fix it.

MAN I MISS STEVE JOBS!!!!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:36 AM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2015 9:14 PM in response to ktchristie

Yup, I got the same rigmarole today from Apple. They gave me credit for 5 songs from iTunes but no refund. Luckily I only bought one Artist lesson. It still shows as a purchase in my Apple Account, I just can't get no matter how much I try. Seems like fraud to me

The lesson store should be taken down until they fix this problem. I've sent numerous feed back messages to Apple regarding this too. Don't know if anyone is listening. I bet they've heard it all and probably less politely than from me.

The thing that gets me is I was able to download the basic guitar lessons, all nine of them, 2 years ago when I first got my mac. Haven't tried to download an artist lesson until a few days ago, but this seems to be an ongoing problem. We need Jobs to come back from the grave and whip these jokers back into shape. You know if he could he would. Probably rolling in his grave.

Feb 28, 2015 12:06 PM in response to brucewho

I fought them hard and they refunded my money....and my politeness went straight out the window once they failed to offer best in class support. When I spoke to my credit card company, they said this isn't the first time they've heard this about the mighty Apple machine. Apple used to take their time on releases....they're slowly turning into a Windows-esque type of release machine with poor quality. This is proof. The fact that they haven't disabled the lesson store is inexcusable. Spread the word on this. Not only do they need to fix their software, they need to fix their support group for garage band. I smell class action on this one.

Mar 3, 2015 10:34 AM in response to ktchristie

ktchristie wrote:

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2

Garage Band is 10.0.3 but don't look in "About Garage Band" because that doesn't work!

I simply tried downloading a lesson from Garage band. The download seems to complete the 1.3 gig file dowloaded then fails to add to my library.

Every time I restart Garage Band it tries to download the file and fails every time. THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS FROM APPLE but it gets so much better.

Same problem I had and Apple Store could not help me. But there is a solution that another guy posted the other day on this board you should try. It really works. This is the link to his post.

go to the discussion

Its a bit technical and doesn't make up for the fact that Apple has been negligent in fixing the problem so the downloading works as intended. Be sure to follow the thread as there is more explanation on how to accomplish this work around.

Garage band lesson download fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.