Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Screen of Death - With Codes

Hey Guys

I shut off my iMac normally only to wake up the following day to this white screen. I've gone through a couple of forum to find a solution but to no avail. The white screen has some code on it. Attached is a picture of my screen.

ThanxUser uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:17 AM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Emmanuel48

not know what you tried or didn't

(...I've gone through a couple of forum to find a solution but to no avail... )

lets restate what you might have done

Is the computer under warranty? Call Apple, they'll fix it.

If not:

Reboot

Reboot and clear PRAM (CMD+Option+P+R) repeat until you hear the 3rd chime and let go of the keys

Remove all USB, FW, etc devices and reboot. If computer boots fine connect keyboard and mouse to log in.

Reboot into Safe Mode

Hold down SHIFT at boot, either one, keep held until system says "Safe Mode"

Boot from a repair USB or DVD etc by inserting the media (if you have it) and holding Option+O at boot until you get a list of bootable devices

or use recovery mode (CMD+R) go to the Disk Utility, select your disk in the window, check your disk and if necessary repair your disk or you may possibly need to reinstall Yosemite on your OS boot disk or your problem could be something more serious.

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

Feb 24, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Emmanuel48

you can install on line, it's a download, it's slow.

if you have the installer on an external somewhere you need to make it bootable media.

you can't easily get to it from the drive if you have no way of accessing it and you need to convert it from a .DMG to something else.

the boot+repair sounds like the way to go, just don't delete your old data if you still need it unless you have a backup somewhere.

White Screen of Death - With Codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.