Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage does not work after suspending account

I am currently deployed and put my contract on freeze because of it. The Verizon Wireless (my provider) salesman at the store told me I would have full usage of all apps via Wifi. So far everything works except iMessage and FaceTime. I have tried turning on iMessage in my general settings and all I get is "Waiting for activation..." for about 5 minutes and then it says Failed to activate, and then it tells me to turn on iMessage to enable it. I have tried turning on and off "Send as SMS" as I read it helps sometimes. I have updated my Location on my phone and even turned on "Set up Automatically" as far as the time goes and everything is set up. When I go to select the Apple ID to access Wifi I can see my phone number but its not available to select, only my Email address is. I would greatly appreciate getting some help so I can keep in touch with my family and friends a little easier while on this deployment. I am 8 hours ahead of the Eastern coast of the states so calling Apple is kind of hard at times. Thank you very much!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:49 AM

1 reply

iMessage does not work after suspending account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.