Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving files on OS X server blows up my presentation.

I'm using Keynote 6.5.2 on a Mac using Mac OS X 10.9.5 and saving files to Mac OS X Server 10.6.8

I'm getting this... User uploaded file

And end up having to rebuild my presentation because opening the main .key file loses all the images and formatting. Any idea what's happening and how I can avoid?

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 10:37 AM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Kyn Drake

Nothing fancy like svn. And we don't use Numbers or Pages, so although I don't have any examples of it happening, that doesn't mean it couldn't. I know those folders must have something to do with iWork's own versioning which is a feature that came out after OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard Server. People are used to opening and working off the server (rather than copying a file to the desktop, working on it and putting it back).

Sep 20, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Nicolas diPierro

Problem has been going on for years (despite filling several bug reports) and it affects Pages, Numbers and Keynote whenever files are stored on a server (OS X, Unix or Windows) because of the lack of support for versions (everything is saved without user input and gives the ability to revert to any version of the document TimeMachine-style). My lab has been forced to go back to Microsoft Office to be able to work on the same documents without ending with hundreds of duplicates on the server...

Saving files on OS X server blows up my presentation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.