Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document rendering for print shows degraded resolution

Hi all,

I have printed for years with no problem, but now the rendering looks like a bad fax. I scanned a document at high resolution, creating a 7.7 MB file. I copied this file to my G3/266 running Mac OS 9.1, and opened it using Acrobat Reader 4.0, then selected print. It was spooling to disk for about 10 minutes and the print quality looked like a bad fax - jagged edges on all the characters, etc. Now whatever I print has the same poor quality. I've tried deleting the Preferences file for Acrobat Reader, but still no change.

The printer is a LaserWriter Select, which is why I use Mac OS 9.1 to print.

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 1:31 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 6:12 PM in response to WoodPlane

The problem was caused by previously printing an image (jpg) file. That (or I did, don't remember) changed the Image option to grayscale instead of black & white.

Changing it back to Black & White fixed the print quality issue.

Brody,

Thanks for the reply.

The files I was having problems with were .pdf files. I should have mentioned it was a LaserWriter Select 300, which does not speak postscript, only bitmap.

Document rendering for print shows degraded resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.